The Revd Alice Whalley
020 8809 6111
St John the Evangelist
2A Gloucester Drive
• Someone to accompany our 11am Parish Eucharist each Sunday, which usually includes:
o Short rehearsal with cantor at 10:45am.
o Congregational mass setting.
o Four hymns.
o Sung psalm.
o Organist’s choice of music before and after the service, and possibly during Communion.
o Some simple improvisation.
• Someone with sensitivity to our Anglo-Catholic tradition.
• A commitment to support our robust and enthusiastic congregational singing.
• We have a small informal singing group, the St John's Singers, under the direction of a volunteer member of the congregation with support from an experienced professional musician. Playing for their (once-monthly) rehearsals from time to time, and accompanying occasional anthems about once a month, would be helpful.
• Availability for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Holy Week is strongly preferred.
We have an electric organ which has been recently cleaned and repaired. Our building is modern and well heated.
• £65 per service.
• Additional accompanying fees for rehearsals of the St John’s Singers.
• First refusal on weddings and funerals, which are relatively few.
• Two deputy organists who can be called upon by prior arrangement or in emergencies.
We are hoping for our new organist to begin in September 2019 subject to an interview and trial Sunday to be held a mutually convenient time. References will be requested.
This is a one-year post. We are currently exploring the development of music in the parish and so may wish to renegotiate terms and requirements in the summer of 2020.