In the panel above is Test 1. It sounds like this:
Whenever the top panel changes, the audio example plays the latest version of the test.
Spot the errors, within the framework of the 4 rules listed earlier. The red soprano part is the given part, the black alto notes the added part.
- At b, the interval between the parts is a 4th.
- From c to d, the added part leaps a 7th.
- At d, there is a compound 4th between the parts.
- At g, the lowest note is not the key note (G).
Here is a corrected example. There are other correct solutions.
These are the changes:
- At b, the 4th has been changed to a 3rd.
- From c to d, the leap of a 7th has been changed to a 6th.
- At d, the inverval is now a compound 3rd.
- At g, the final bass note has been changed to G, the key note or tonic.
This is an even better version, using a dotted rhythm on plain notes and some passing notes.
Return to Tests