In the panel above is Test 7. It sounds like this:
Whenever the top panel changes, the audio example plays the latest version of the test.
Spot the errors, within the framework of the 4 rules listed earlier. The red upper part is the given part, the black lower notes the added part.
- From e to f there is a leap of a 7th.
- There is nothing else actually "wrong" but, apart from the leap of a 7th, the whole line from b to g is ungainly and pretty well unsingable.
Here is a corrected example. There are other correct solutions.
These are the changes:
- From e to f, the 7th has been changed to a 4th.
- Ultra purist might fret about the diminished 4th at e to f, but this interval hasn't worried composers since about 1600.
- The overall line is now much easier to sing.
This is an even better version, with a passing note and an auxiliary note.
Return to Tests