St Andrew's Church
St Andrew’s Church, Backwell, North Somerset
is seeking to appoint a Director of Music
The church has a well-maintained 2-manual Vowles pipe organ and a small mixed-age RSCM-affiliated choir which we are seeking to grow and develop. We are looking for an accomplished organist & choir leader with knowledge and understanding of the Church of England tradition to:
• Play the organ and direct the 4-part robed church choir for sung Sunday services: currently twice per month at 9.15am and monthly Evensong, plus other Holy days & festivals
• Lead weekly choir practice (currently Friday evenings)
• Recruit new adult singers from the local area
• Start/develop a choir for young people with the aim of eventually integrating them with the adult choir
• Provide a musical training for children (e.g. RSCM medal course or appropriate)
• Work with our church-linked junior school and local Comprehensive school, building on existing relationships
• Have oversight and development of the worship band who currently play at 10.45am services three times per month, and help them develop their musical style
• Assist the Rector to start/develop a monthly toddler singing service
61 hours per month; salary £12,000-£14,600pa depending on experience for an initial fixed term of 2 years. Additional fees for weddings and funerals.
Appointment subject to Enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date Fri 30th June; interviews Friday 7th July for a September 2023 start. For further details please contact email@example.com