Church Lane, Darley Abbey, Derby
• 1 Sunday morning service per week
• 1 choral evensong per month - option of playing or conducting
• Direct SATB robed choir
• 1 choir practice per week (1 hour)
• Plan worship music in collaboration with the ministry team
• Occasional festival services
• Option of playing for weddings / funerals
2-manual pipe organ with detached console by Jonathan Wallace of Henry Groves, installed in 2001. It has often been used for recitals by cathedral organists.
We are a friendly church community in an attractive village within a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with a long-standing Anglican choral worship tradition.
The postholder would be supported by an assistant organist from the congregation who usually plays for choral evensong and other festal occasions thus allowing the choir director to conduct the choir. He also covers for holidays. Further support is offered by an able choir member regularly involved with the church’s music and who is able to conduct on occasion if required.
Remuneration can be supplemented by fees for playing weddings / funerals.