Canon Andrew Gough
Holy Trinity Anglican Church
We seek an enthusiastic, flexible and experienced organist to play for our church Eucharist each Sunday and a fifth Sunday of the month Choral Evensong and to lead weekly choir practice. The Musical Director/organist will have a good understanding of church music, knowledge of liturgy and the ability to lead an enthusiastic choir a increase numbers would be welcomed. The requirement to organise a small concert series each year would be an advantage. The Musical Director will also have the advantage of playing for funerals and weddings, civic services and other occasional offices.
The role of Musical Director is available now or at a mutual time agreed with the chosen candidate and the church.
Our friendly and active church community, on the historic side overlooking the beautiful seaside town of Weymouth and it’s beautiful marina, has a strong musical and choral tradition with enthusiastic support from the vicar, churchwardens and congregation.
• We have one main Sunday service at 10am which is a Parish Eucharist and follows the Common Worship Liturgy.
• There is a robed SATB choir who are looking to grow numerically and musically and encourage younger people.
• There are some extra civic services throughout the year
• There are a number of weddings and funerals for which an extra fee is payable
• There is a requirement to organise a small programme of concerts throughout the year
• We are looking for someone who can work with the parish priest and who has a clear understanding of liberal catholic liturgy and can choose music and hymns that are seasonally, thematically and liturgically appropriate.
• We are looking for someone who is committed to the whole mission of the church and can articulate how music takes its place within that context
• We are looking for someone who is musically ambitious and who wishes to become involved in the musical and wider life of Weymouth.
• Remuneration is set above RSCM rates and experience,reviewed annually and according to responsibilities undertaken.
• Accomodation is not available, however the parish may be open to discussion on assisting in a small way with some financial support for removals if the candidate is relocating..