St Mary's RC Church Cadogan Street, Chelsea, London.
St Mary's Rectory, Draycott Terrace SW3 2BG
Principal duties and responsibilities These responsibilities are subject to ongoing review.
1. To work with the Choir Director planning music for Church Services
2. To play the organ at 10:00am and 18:30pm Sunday Mass and as and when required at other Masses and special celebrations specified in the Church calendar
3. To lead the choir as appropriate in the sung liturgy
4. To report on the tuning and maintenance needs of musical instruments in the Church
5. To provide qualified substitutes for absences as necessary
6. To maintain a high quality of music
1. Professional experience of Roman Catholic liturgical and musical practice.
2. Thorough knowledge and appreciation of Catholic music, traditional and contemporary
3. Professional experience playing the organ in a Church setting
1. An ability to work methodically and consistently
2. Excellent organisational skills
3. An ability to work alone, using initiative
4. An ability to work as part of a team
Additional Opportunities 1. To play the organ at weddings, funerals and other special services. There may be further opportunities to play at Sunday Masses, weddings, funerals and other special services in other parishes under the care of the Parish Priest. (Fees for other services are not provided by the Church but are paid by families and couples). 2. Desirable would be an interest to work with the Choir Director to develop the skills and repertoire of the keen and enthusiastic choir.