020 8504 7981
St Mary's Church Woodford, 207 High Road, London
Areas of responsibility:
• To direct, train, develop and inspire the adult choir
• To encourage the growth and development of Joyful Voices, either by direct involvement or by supporting voluntary help
• To play the organ for all main services on Sundays, on Festivals and for special events
• To choose choral music in conjunction with the Rector
• To increase musical engagement with the local community as part of the church’s mission and help us to approach the future of our established musical tradition by inspiring future generations to worship in spirit and in truth. (This may include new ventures or adapting existing patterns within the musical life of the church, in consultation with the choirs, congregations, other local churches, Rector and PCC)
Please see https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPCMBCXUqHUNlba0mS4RjZ2Lch3kCRiw/view or www.stmaryswoodford.org.uk/music for person specification and full details about the church
To apply, please send the following by 5pm on Friday 25 June to The Revd Dr Elizabeth Lowson, St Mary’s Church Woodford, 207 High Road, London E18 2PA or email@example.com:
• Your Curriculum Vitae
• A covering letter setting out what you could bring to this post and how your experience and skills match the person specification
• Details of two referees (we will seek your permission before contacting them)
Informal enquiries can by made by email to Elizabeth Lowson via firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8504 7981 (enquiries received between 7-13 June will receive a response on 14 June).
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 25 June with a view to advising shortlisted candidates no later than Friday 2 July.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, audition and choir practice at St Mary’s Woodford on Saturday 10 July.
Salary £5400-8000 annually depending on experience.
This is a three year contract initially with a three month probation period.