Revd Charles Mason
West End, WSL
Competent organist and accompanist, equivalent to Grade 8 or preferably ARCO level.
Could suit an intermediate to advanced organ student.
Willingness to work with a choir director, and ability to deputise in that role for holiday cover.
Attendance at Thursday choir practice and one Sunday service per week plus festivals.
Provide recorded organ accompaniments for online service voluntaries, hymns and virtual choir recordings as required.
Our friendly and active village church community has a strong musical & choral tradition, with enthusiastic support from congregation and clergy. We are looking for an Organist to work with our existing Choir Director to continue building our musical capabilities in support of worship.
• Fine ‘Father’ Willis 2-manual organ, well maintained.
• RSCM-affiliated robed SATB choir (and Junior Choir, run separately), plus extended virtual choir.
• Musical and worship style mainstream/traditional, with opportunities to broaden musical range,
and to become involved in youth music, concerts, annual choral festival etc.
• Duties: to play for choir practice, one Sunday service (CW Communion, or Morning Worship, or BCP Choral evensong) plus occasional services at festivals (Ash Weds, Harvest, Carols etc).
• Remuneration negotiable based on experience etc.
• Weddings and Funerals in addition (good fees apply - details on request).
• For examples of our 'Virtual Voices' recordings under lockdown see soundcloud.com (search for "simonjshaw")
For further information please contact the vicar Revd Charles Mason – firstname.lastname@example.org